Daily News Where you Live
Letters to the editor
Providing condoms to students a bad idea
To the editor:
To whom it may concern it should concern us all: The Gervais School Districts recent decision to pass out/supply/make available condoms to students in the sixth through 12th grades brings up so many questions.
1. What message is the school district sending to the students and parents by making this decision?
2. Was there discussion on alternative ideas and resources that would better solve the problem?
3. Will making condoms available really help the decision processes of students?
4. Do Gervais taxpayers agree to spend tax dollars on a non-educational endeavor?
5. Is this the role and responsibility of the district?
I vehemently protest this action. These are children that need their direction from parents. Where do you draw the line and at what age?
I will encourage parents to object this action and consider reviewing and possibly removing their child from the district.