The City of Tigard announced a paving and sealing schedule for city streets this week.
According to the city, crews will be resurfacing about 17 miles of Tigard streets as part of the citywide project. Work began in late June to seal cracks and will continue in late July and into August with repaving and sealing.
The city explained on its website that some streets with heavy traffic volume or severe cracks and potholing are suitable for pavement overlays, in which about two inches of new pavement is put down on top of the existing roadway. Other streets that have lower volumes and are in better condition will be treated with something called slurry seal, a mixture intended to restore the pavement surface.
Each street on which slurry seal is spread will be closed for a day, allowing crews to place the seal and providing time for it to dry.
Among the more major paving projects:
• 114th Avenue will be repaved between Viewmount Lane and just south of Fairhaven Street from July 17 to July 21.
• Gaarde Street will be repaved between Greenfield Drive and Walnut Street from July 21 to July 28.
• Greenfield Drive will be repaved between Benchview Terrace and Gaarde Street from July 21 to July 28.
• Bonita Road will be repaved between 76th Avenue and Hall Boulevard from Aug. 4 to Aug. 11.
• Royalty Parkway will be repaved between Highway 99W and Naeve Street at night from Aug. 13 to Aug. 14.
Sealing projects will begin July 24 and continue over the next two weeks.
A full list of projects is available on the city's website.