Featured Stories

I filed my taxes. Where's my refund?

Brought to you by Annette Saarinen - AccounTax of Oregon - ACCOUNTING INSIDER -

ACCOUNTAX OF OREGON - Annette SaarinenNow that you have filed your 2016 tax returns, you may be wondering how long it will take to get your federal or state refunds. These can be handled online or by phone.

After 24 hours of the IRS' receipt for e-filing, or within four weeks of mailing your paper return, there are two ways to check on your federal refund:

Online at IRS.gov. Choose Refunds. You will need your Social Security Number or ITIN, your Filing Status, and the exact refund amount in whole dollars. Fill in the blanks on the form requests and click Submit. The site will show if the return has been processed, when the refund will be sent, or where to call if there is a delay.

Call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040. Listen to the phone tree to get to the right service. Be prepared to wait on hold. Afternoons and after Tuesday is a better time to call. Have the above information ready to give the agent.

Oregon Refund:

Online at secure.dor.state.or.us/refund/index.cfm, under Quick Links, fill in the Oregon information from your state return. That includes your ID type, your ID number and the exact refund amount. Then follow the rest of the instructions.

Or call the Oregon Dept. of Revenue at 503-378-4933 or toll-free 1-800-356-4222. Follow the phone tree list of services. Have your Oregon tax return in front of you to give the information required.

AccounTax of Oregon

8050 SW Pffafle St., Suite 110

Tigard, OR 97223