Featured Stories

Documents to bring for tax preparation

Brought to you by Annette Saarinen, AccounTax of Oregon - Accounting INSIDER -

ACCOUNTAX OF OREGON - Annette SaarinenWe need to see any statements of income or deductible expenses. We prepare a return based on the information you provide. This may be gathered in writing via actual statements, email or fax. We often ask questions to clarify items. It is the client’s responsibility to be able to provide the proof of the claims on your return if your return is randomly selected for an audit.

Here is a partial list of suggestions. Of course, we can’t cover everyone’s needs in one article!

For the year to be prepared:

· Last tax return filed for Federal and State, including any locals, if we didn’t prepare it

· Full names, birthdates and Social Security Numbers of each individual to be reported

· Phone numbers, cell numbers and email addresses so we can contact you with questions. New Clients – Will Need Two Pieces of ID such as a Driver’s License or Photo ID, Social Security Card or copy of Birth Certificate. (A new Federal Requirement as part of new fraud reduction policies.)

· W2’s from each job

· Interest and dividends received, even if you did not receive a 1099-INT or 1099-DIV, or you reinvested them

· Refunds from State and/or local agencies

· Health Care Provider 1095 Statement (these should be sent out by February 15, 2017)

At the beginning of the year, AccounTax sends out organizers to our clients with items to bring based on the prior year’s return. If you would like an organizer, please contact our office by phone.

Accountax of Oregon

8050 SW Pffafle St., Suite 110

Tigard, OR 97223