Royal Villas fire destroys home Jan. 9
A Jan. 9 fire in Royal Villas destroyed a home in the 11500 block of Southwest Royal Villa Drive and injured the resident, according to Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue Public Information Officer Tim Nokes.
The resident was transported to a local hospital for treatment of burns to his face and hands but was released and not admitted to the burn unit.
The 911 call came in at 3:06 p.m., and a crew from TVF&R King City Station 35 was already at Royal Villas on a medical call and could see the smoke, and when they arrived, there was smoke and flames coming out the street-facing window.
"They got there within moments," said Nokes, adding that the cause was accidental and the older single-wide manufactured home and its contents were completely destroyed.
"The homeowner was spraying insulation foam into gaps in the walls, and when he got close to the gas hot-water heater, the can blew up in his face," Nokes said. "He sustained burns to his face and hands."