Featured Stories

Other Pamplin Media Group sites

Local Weather

Fair

77°F

Portland

Fair

Humidity: 54%

Wind: 5 mph

  • 29 Jul 2014

    Sunny 89°F 59°F

  • 30 Jul 2014

    Sunny 89°F 59°F


Propane heater believed to be cause of Friday house fire

by: DICK HARRIS/PORTLAND FIRE & RESCUE - Firefighters battle a Friday morning blaze believed to have been caused by a faulty propane heater.Fire investigators have determined that the cause of a Friday-morning house fire was a propane heater malfunction in the garage.

The fire spread into the house via the attic, causing $85,000 worth of damage. A car was also ablaze in the driveway when firefighters arrived. Two people were injured in this incident, one male who had minor burns to his arms and head refused transport, while another man went to the hospital for precautionary reasons by personal vehicle. Gresham Fire & Rescue also responded to this incident.