Get ready to be wowed
The 2013 Street of Dreams opens Saturday
The NW Natural Street of Dreams opens Saturday at Stonehedge in West Linn. Located at Whiten Lane off Rosemont Road, the home tour features nine newly constructed houses built by some of the top builders and designers in the area and showcases the latest in building innovations, design developments and decorating trends.
This years NW Natural Street of Dreams represents the 38th consecutive year the Home Builders Association of Metropolitan Portland has put on the show.
In 1976, Paul Simons 'Still Crazy After all These Years' was a popular song. And not that Im such a Paul Simon fan, but I have to agree that youd have to be a little crazy to be building after all these years, said Brad Hosmar, 2013 Street of Dreams committee chairman. Its a real testament to the industry that weve presented this show for 38 consecutive years, through all the ups and downs of the economy.
Built on 1-acre lots, the luxury homes feature a variety of amenities. At press time, only two of the homes, The Beauvoir and the Two Thousand Thirteen, were still available for purchase.
The tour includes:
1. Beauvoir, built by Smith-Donnerberg LLA, a J.T. Smith Company. Priced at $1,895,000, this house measures 5,243 square feet and has four bedrooms, a den, four full baths and two half baths. This is an all-Kohler home with a generator to provide backup power and safety. It also has a covered outdoor living space with full kitchen and barbecue and a sunken sports bar with refrigerator, wine storage and three viewing screens. This home combines the craftsmenship of a European chateau with the Northwest's casual elegance.
2. The American Dream, built by Westlake Development Group. Priced at $2,100,000, this house measures 6,100 square feet, has five bedrooms and six baths and features all American-made components. It has old-growth Douglas fir accents throughout the home from reclaimed barn wood, and boasts the lowest carbon footprint ever built in a NW Street of Dreams home.
3. The Rendezvous, built by F. Dale Lumpkin General Contractor. This home is priced at $1,800,000 and measures 5,153 square feet. It has four bedrooms and four and a half baths. It features a saltwater endless pool" with water features and automatic safety pool cover. The brick-and-mortar exterior provides natural temperature control while eliminating paint upkeep and potential dry rot. This home is classic while meeting state-of-the-art efficiencies.
4. Southern Exposure, built by Haggart Luxury Homes. Designed for the active family, this home is priced at $1,685,000 and measures 5,868 square feet. It has five bedrooms, four full baths and two half baths. The backyard includes a full tennis court, a putting green and an outdoor fire pit with custom seating.
5. Blackmore, built by Pahlisch Homes. This home is priced at $2,250,000 and measures 6,298 square feet. Reminiscent of English manors and estates, it has four bedrooms, five full baths and one half bath. It features an outdoor living space with cooking station and fireplace and an exceptional library with fireplace.
6. Cuvee, built by Elite Development Northwest LLC. This home measures 5,350 square feet. Already sold, the owner did not want the price disclosed. It has four bedrooms, four full baths and one half bath. The home frames a waterfall that uses the natural topography of the land and has lodge-style timber accents.
7. The Two Thousand Thirteen, built by TTM Development Company. Blending timeless and modern design, this home is priced at $1,950,000 and measures 5,297 square feet. It has four bedrooms and four and a half baths. It features an outdoor living area with full kitchen, fireplace and soothing waterfall, custom gourmet kitchen with one-of-a-kind range hood, pot rack and cabinets with Wolf appliances and a large mud room.
8. Tranquility, built by BC Custom Construction. This home is priced at $1,200,000 and measures 4,191 square feet. It has two bedrooms, two offices, a fitness room and four and a half baths. It features Camino stone pavers with a traditional cobble finish, Pella ProLine energy efficient wood windows and doors and a Kohler residential natural gas generator with an automatic transfer switch.
9. Clearhaven, built by Pahlisch Homes. This home is priced at $2,200,000 and measures 5,061 square feet and has a taste of Nantucket. It has three bedrooms and three and a half baths. It features a large kitchen with separate prep station and breakfast room, family space outside with outdoor cooking, living and pool with waterslide and a hidden passage into the turret.
Tickets to the Street of Dreams are $15 and can be purchased online at streetofdreamspdx.com or onsite. Children ages 10 and younger are admitted at no charge. For bulk tickets or to arrange private events at the Street of Dreams, call the HBA at 503-684-1880.
Special events such as wine tastings and culinary demonstrations will be offered through the run of the tour. For updated special event information, visit streetofdreamspdx.com.
The Street of Dreams runs from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily through Aug. 25. Tickets will be sold until 7 p.m. and visitors can enjoy the homes until 9 p.m.