Other Pamplin Media Group sites


Oregon City's Opinion

SUBMITTED PHOTO - Tammy Stempel took the oath of office as Gladstone's new mayor at last week's City Council meeting.
January 18, 2017

Thoughts on the duties of City Council

by Tammy Stempel
Gladstone City Council represents the citizens and were elected to give them a voice.
SUBMITTED PHOTO - Lil Miss Mapleton (left) along with Gatitto and their 'Mom,' Jo Becker.
January 18, 2017

What kind of animal is it?

by Jo Becker
Jo Becker is an Oregon City-based speaker and writer who takes an entertaining, personable approach to educating audiences and readers, in this case by writing from her cat's perspective.
COURTESY PHOTO - Dr. Samuel Metz
January 18, 2017

Let Oregon find its own healthcare solution

by Samuel Metz
Samuel Metz is a private practice anesthesiologist who lives and works in Portland. He is a member of Oregon Physicians for a National Health Program and a founding member of Mad As Hell…


January 11, 2017

Letters: Clackamas Fire; Trump inauguration; sign up for health…

by (none)
Thank you to our community for the outpouring of support for Clackamas Fire District 1's annual Operation Santa program.
Eric Swanson
January 11, 2017

Gladstone city council, staff look forward to 'making Gladstone…

by Eric Swanson
As the year 2016 comes to a close, I would like to update Gladstone citizens on the happenings in 2016 and the plans we have for your city government in 2017.
January 04, 2017

Letters: Hand up for homeless; Packy's suffering; replace the…

by (none)
Hand up, not handout: It could build upon the examples set by Street Roots newspaper and Sisters of the Road Cafe.
PHOTO BY ASHLEY HILDRETH - Pictured from left are Lisa Nolen, associate director of development for the OHSU Foundation; Bruce Hildreth, SHOC Foundation president; Dr. Tanja Pejovic, OHSU division chief for Gynecologic Oncology at OHSU; and Yukie Bean, senior research assistant in OHSU's Gynecologic Oncology Department.
January 04, 2017

Appreciation for support of women's health

by Bruce A. Hildreth
Generous donations and sponsors of our events have allowed us to continue this work and raise awareness in women's personal health to this horrific disease and the symptoms it presents.
December 28, 2016

Letters: Antitax state unable to fund anything; Why Trump won…

by Pamplin Media Group
I just completed reading two letters in your newspaper about the Electoral College. I have some thoughts on both.
December 28, 2016

Measure 97 alternative disappoints

by Pamplin Media Group editorial board
A Better Oregon's plan isn't a serious one. Yet, the Legislature must get very serious indeed to avert a fiscal crisis for the coming biennium.
December 28, 2016

Give to culture - it brings us all together

by Carole Morse
Just make a donation to one of 1,400-plus qualified cultural groups across the state, then match it with a gift to the Cultural Trust.

Don't miss the local news

Dec 28, 2016

County board should address urban-rural divide in filling open…

by Steve Bates
When one sees these statistics, it is easy to argue for county commission districts because of the amount of area one must travel to cover Clackamas County.
Dec 21, 2016

Letters: Trump no threat to legal immigration; election redo;…

by The Clackamas Review
They are concerned that immigrants might be scared of the future under a President Trump. If they are here legally they have nothing to be fearful about.
Dec 21, 2016

Turn holiday 'garbage' into recycled materials

by Terence Shumaker
Americans generate 25 percent more waste between Thanksgiving and New Year's than any other time of year.
Dec 14, 2016

My View: Put election polling into perspective

by John Horvick
On the eve of the election, fivethirtyeight.com forecast a 71 percent probability of a Clinton win, and a 29 percent probability of a Trump win.
Dec 14, 2016

Letter: Public safety is a local infrastructure need

by The Clackamas Review
The Oregon City Bridge, also known as Arch Bridge, was opened to traffic in 1922 (replacing the footbridge that had been there since the 19th century).
Dec 14, 2016

Community thanked for support of Clackamas firefighters

by Fred Charlton
A special thank you to the Clackamas Town Center shopping mall and their 'Giving Tree' for their years of support in partnering with the fire district.
Dec 08, 2016

Our opinion: After Measure 97, time for compromise

by Editorial Board
Businesses should reach out to other side, but Democrats who control Legislature must act as well
Dec 08, 2016

Our opinion: After Measure 97, time for compromise

by Editorial Board
Businesses should reach out to other side, but Democrats who control Legislature must act as well
Dec 07, 2016

Make sure the state of Oregon hears your voice on next budget

by Dana Haynes
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown last week offered up the first salvo in the state's 2017 funding wars, presenting a $20.8 billion budget featuring a wide array of cuts and tax increases to fill in a $1.7…
Dec 07, 2016

Letters: Wastewater merger; commuting vs. construction;…

by The Clackamas Review
It may not be the most glamorous of topics, but ensuring adequate and reliable infrastructure is important to our economic and community vitality.