Featured Stories

Other Pamplin Media Group sites


City of Beaverton water customers unaffected by boil-water notice

Interactive map of water sources available on city website


Residents who receive their water bill from the city of Beaverton are not affected by the boil-water notice the Portland Water Bureau issued on Friday morning, May 23, city officials said.

Beaverton residents with questions about their water source can use an interactive map found through the city's website at beavertonoregon.gov. From the Beaverton Area Water Service Providers website, type your address in the text box in the top right-hand corner to confirm your water server provider. The blue area indicates residents served by city of Beaverton water.

The boil-water alert was ordered by the state of Oregon Health Authority's Drinking Water Program after water samples taken at three Portland locations test positive over three-day period for total coliform and E. coli bacteria.

Until further notice, all Portland Water Bureau customers and those in the affected areas should boil all tap water used for drinking, food preparation, tooth brushing and ice for at least one minute. Ice or any beverages prepared with un-boiled tap water on or after May 20 should be discarded.

The city of Beaverton supplies water to approximately 69,000 residents, or roughly 75 percent of the 91,205 residents who live within the city limits. The remaining 25 percent of residents in Beaverton are supplied water by Tualatin Valley Water District, Raleigh Water District or the West Slope Water District. 

The primary source of Beaverton's city water supply is the Joint Water Commission Water Treatment Plant located south of Forest Grove.

The city has a 25 percent ownership right in the facilities operated by the commission, which entitles the City of Beaverton to up to 15 million gallons of treated drinking water per day.

The 2014 City of Beaverton Water Quality Report, also known as the Consumer Confidence Report , is now available online at BeavertonOregon.gov/CCR. Based on monitoring data from 2013, the report provides important information about the source and quality of Beaverton’s drinking water.

 “We’re very proud of the high-quality water supply from the JWC,” said Mayor Denny Doyle. “Our public works and engineering teams work tirelessly to ensure the city’s water customers have safe drinking water. Beaverton’s water from the JWC continues to exceed state and federal standards.”



Local Weather

Light Rain

50°F

Beaverton

Light Rain

Humidity: 89%

Wind: 9 mph

  • 21 Nov 2014

    Rain 52°F 44°F

  • 22 Nov 2014

    Showers 50°F 45°F